[comp.os.minix] Any idea where tell_fs

97331812%WSUVM1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Rich Heffel) (10/24/88)

Anybody,
   I am in the process of trying to modify the file system, but I cannot
find out where the function tell_fs() is defined.  It is invoked in the
memory manager (line #5753 in ast's book, and other places as well).  I
imagine of course that this is simply an tell_fs() is simply an alias for
send(), but I most probably am wrong.
   Not only have I searched in ast's book for the definition of tell_fs(), I
used "grep tell_fs *.c *.h" in each of the 3 directories (kernel, mm, fs).
The result was that I got more function invocations rather than the definition.
Furthermore, I looked to see which procedures were available in the library
/usr/lib/libc.a by "ar tv /usr/lib/libc.a | mined".  Then using mined's search
function, I attempted to find tell_fs.  To no avail.
   Any help at all will be most welcome.  Thank you.

rcbatg@eutrc3.UUCP (Tonnie Geraets) (10/26/88)

In article <4990@louie.udel.EDU> 97331812%WSUVM1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Rich Heffel) writes:
>Anybody,
>   I am in the process of trying to modify the file system, but I cannot
>find out where the function tell_fs() is defined.  It is invoked in the
>memory manager (line #5753 in ast's book, and other places as well).  I

Last night I found it by accident in lib/syslib.c when I was trying to fix
this file for minix 1.3 (the diff from posting 5 was damaged).

Tonnie Geraets,
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven,
The Netherlands.
uucp        : rcbatg@eutrc3.uucp