[comp.os.minix] More library problems

KYY%NIHCUDEC.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (M. DOBSON) (10/27/88)

While extracting the modules from libc.a that there is no source for based on
the liborder ast posted several weeks back (you expect message numbers?  You've`

got to be kidding, remember I'm on BITNET) I came up with the following
modules as missing:

        _dup.s   blm.s   cmi4.s   fat.s   lfr6.s   lfr8.s   mon.s
        ret6.s   ret8.s  retarea.s   stop.s   strhp.s    var.s

They weren't in my distribution 1.1 libc.a or the updated 1.2 libc.a

Does anyone know where they are located or if they are even needed?  The 1.2
stuff all seems to compile fine without them.  Also, should I use the the
brksize.s, catchsig.s, getutil.s, sendrec.s and setjmp.s from
minix/lib/IBM_PC when recreating libc.a?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Dobson (kyy@nihcudec.BITNET)

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (10/28/88)

In article <5036@louie.udel.EDU> KYY%NIHCUDEC.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (M. DOBSON) writes:

>I came up with the following modules as missing:
>        _dup.s   blm.s   cmi4.s   fat.s   lfr6.s   lfr8.s   mon.s
>        ret6.s   ret8.s  retarea.s   stop.s   strhp.s    var.s

All these are compiler internal routines.  I don't knoow off hand which
are needed by which compiler, but they don't seem to be needed, don't
worry.  They may only be needed for translating EM instructions that the C
compiler does not generate, but which Pascal or some other front end use.

>Also, should I use the the
>brksize.s, catchsig.s, getutil.s, sendrec.s and setjmp.s from
>minix/lib/IBM_PC when recreating libc.a?
Yes.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)