[comp.os.minix] Minix Archives

galvin@UDEL.EDU (James M Galvin) (06/18/87)

cc: info-minix@UDEL.EDU

Vincent has contacted me and we are arranging things.

Jim

japplega@csm9a.UUCP (07/07/87)

Though this will be of little help to those without a PC and Modem I will
start carrying archives of Minix patches and utilities on the M.O.M. BBS.
Currently I have ~400K of unofficial patches compiled by Tom Poindexter
and all of Andy's recent 1.2 patches!  These will be found in the Minix
download area of M.O.M. at (303) 273-3989.  I will setup a Minix message
area as well but I suspect you will get FASTER response on Usenet...
But for those Minix users without net access this may be the best source
of support...

    Joe Applegate - Colorado School of Mines Computing Center
            {seismo, hplabs}!hao!isis!csm9a!japplega
                              or
 SYSOP @ M.O.M. AI BBS - (303) 273-3989 - 300/1200/2400 8-N-1 24 hrs.

       *** UNIX is a philosophy, not an operating system ***
 *** BUT it is a registered trademark of AT&T, so get off my back ***

farber@udel.UUCP (07/09/87)

Is there someone out there kind enough to offer to send me an updated
Minix for the IBM PC (286 or 386) .

Dave

David J. Farber

University of Delaware

Professor of Electrical Engineering and of Computer Science
University of Delaware
Department of Electrical Engineering
Newark, De 19716

 Delaware: 302-451-1163
Arpanet/CSNet: farber@udel.edu
Dialcom(nsf host): D.Farber
MCIMail: dfarber

Dave Farber

Office:

University of Delaware
Department of Electrical Engineering
Newark, De 19716

Home:

RD 1, Box 279
Landenberg, Pa 19350

Arpa:farber@rochester.arpa
uucp: ..!{allegra,decvax,seismo}!rochester!farber
uucp (home system): ..{ihnp4!cfg,rochester,sco}!pcpond!farber
Compuserve: 76010,104                    Telex: 6501066405
MciMail: dfarber                         Source: bbk190
Telephones: Office(UD): 302-451-1163     Home: 215-274-8292

dave@stcns3.stc.oz (Dave Horsfall) (02/03/88)

Does anyone have a _complete_ set of MINIX postings?  In other
words, an archive of every posting since day 1.

Doesn't matter if it's outside Australia, as long as it will fit
onto mag tape :-).

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)      ACS:  dave@stcns3.stc.OZ.AU
Alcatel-STC Australia       ARPA: dave%stcns3.stc.OZ.AU@uunet.UU.NET

jtfrankle@dasys1.UUCP (John Frankle) (02/25/88)

 i would appreciate if the usenet sites that are archiving the minix
news would contact me by e-mail and provide a brief description on how
to access the archives. i have been off the net for some time now and
would like to have the opportunity to catch up. thanks in advance.
regards.

--
John Frankle
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX

sas@bcd-dyn.UUCP (432 2370.00) (02/25/88)

In article <3094@dasys1.UUCP>, jtfrankle@dasys1.UUCP (John Frankle) writes:

>  i would appreciate if the usenet sites that are archiving the minix
> news would contact me by e-mail and provide a brief description on how
Me Too Please!  -Scott

Scott A. Sharkey                        UUCP: cbosgd!osu-cis!bcd-dyn!sas
Battelle Memorial Institute             USPS: 505 King Ave., Columbus, OH  43201
(614) 424-4067                          Who?  Me?  I Just work here!

lynn@engr.uky.edu (H. Lynn Tilley) (06/13/88)

	I have just recently started following this group and I am
	interested in finding out where the archive sights are for
	Minix utilities, fixes, etc.

	Also, what is the current (latest) release of Minix and does
	anyone have the address or information where I can get this
	release from.

	Any other information that you would like to include would
	be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
--
 |   Henry L. Tilley             Center for Robotics and Manufacturing Systems
 |   University of Kentucky      INTERNET:                   lynn@engr.uky.edu
 V   Voice (606)257-6262         UUCP:          {cbosgd|uunet}!ukma!ukecc!lynn
 O   Opinions, mine! Facts, ?    BITNET:         lynn%engr.uky.edu@ukma.bitnet

beattie@visenix.UUCP (Brian Beattie) (10/09/88)

Does any-one have a list of minix archive sites.  I would
especially be interested is ones that permitt uucp via TB+
--
    _ANYONE_     | Brian Beattie          (703)471-7552
can sell software| 11525 Hickory Cluster, Reston, VA. 22090

paone@topaz.rutgers.edu (Phil Paone) (11/03/88)

Are there any Arpa sites out there that maintain minix archives?  TH

		Thanks,
		Phil Paone
--
Phil Paone