[comp.os.minix] MINIX on an Epson

gdtltr@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Gary D Duzan) (11/12/88)

   I posted a message a few day ago about getting MINIX running on an Epson,
but got no response. I need to see if I can get it installed on the Hard
Drive. The stock driver doesn't work, but it doesn't give any errors either.
After going through a whole mess of stuff to recompile the kernel with
at_wini, it still doesn't work. If anyone can suggest a better way of getting
things running, please let me know. If something doesn't come up soon we are
going to have to scrap the idea. Thanx.

					Gary Duzan
					Time  Lord
				    Third Regeneration

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (11/15/88)

In article <2328@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> gdtltr@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Gary D Duzan) writes:

>   I posted a message a few day ago about getting MINIX running on an Epson,
>but got no response. I need to see if I can get it installed on the Hard
>Drive. The stock driver doesn't work, but it doesn't give any errors either.

This past weekend I posted a new file bios_wini.c and some changes to klib88.s,
main.c, and glo.h.  With this file and these changes, you get a driver that
should work on any known machine claimed to be PC compatible.  As I requested
when I posted it, I would like feedback to see if it indeed works.  So far
nobody has responded.  Give it a try (even if you already have a working
hard disk driver) and let me know what happened.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)