[comp.os.minix] SteVie sources and binaries

jeff@questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG (Jeff Holmes) (11/09/88)

	Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck
	with posting requests for archives to,

		netlib@lakesys.UUCP

	I requested SteVie sources and binaries around Oct. 24
	and haven't heard back yet.

	I just wanted to check if people are getting through or not
	before I sent another one.

					Thanks,
					Jeff
--
Jeff Holmes	                  DOMAIN: jeff@questar.mn.org
Questar Data Systems                UUCP: amdahl!bungia!questar!jeff

felix@netmbx.UUCP (Felix Gaehtgens) (11/10/88)

In article <1740@questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG>, jeff@QUESTAR.QUESTAR.MN.ORG (Jeff Holmes) writes:
>     I requested SteVie sources and binaries around Oct. 24
>     and haven't heard back yet.

i've seen a lot of people requesting stevie sources. i've got them. if there's
anyone who does NOT like to see them posted, please let me know, otherwise i'll
repost them in a couple of days.

so long,
			felix

			BANG: ..uunet!pyramid!tub!tmpmbx!netmbx!xaos!felix
			SMART: felix@netmbx.de.UUCP

AB084%DK0RRZK0.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (11/10/88)

Jeff Holmes wondered why netlib@lakesys.UUCP would not send the said files.
There are 2 possible reasons:
1. Marty Wiedmeyer (he takes care of the server) announced on comp.sys.atari
that lakesys had died (harddisc problems) and they had to rebuild the system
from scratch. He asked not to make any requests to netlib until further
announcement.
2. It's always been hard to write there any many have tried in vain.
There seem to be a couple of malicious or stupid mailers in between.
Yours
Michael Eibl, Inst. f. Theor. Phys., Univ. zu Koeln
              Cologne, West Germany

alex@xrtll.UUCP (Alex Upchurch) (11/11/88)

In article <1740@questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG>, jeff@questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG (Jeff Holmes) writes:

> 	Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck
> 	with posting requests for archives to,
>
> 		netlib@lakesys.UUCP

    < stuff deleted >

> 	I just wanted to check if people are getting through or not

    I made a request last month and the response came back in
    a few days.  I have some more stuff on order, so we will
    see if lakesys is still active.

        Alex Upchurch

               ...uunet!attcan!utzoo!yunexus!xrtll!alex

dal@syntel.UUCP (Dale Schumacher) (11/15/88)

>In article <1740@questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG>, jeff@QUESTAR.QUESTAR.MN.ORG (Jeff Holmes) writes:
>>     I requested SteVie sources and binaries around Oct. 24
>>     and haven't heard back yet.
>
>i've seen a lot of people requesting stevie sources. i've got them. if there's
>anyone who does NOT like to see them posted, please let me know, otherwise i'll
>repost them in a couple of days.

PLEASE DO NOT POST STEVIE!

I realize that Stevie HAS been posted, in binary form, just recently.
Please don't post anything further, like sources, or binaries for other
machines.  I'm using a version of Stevie that Tony Andrews ported to
Minix-ST soon after getting the system himself.  This version is much
better than the most recent postings to various file servers.

Tony has been having serious problems getting news messages out onto
the net, so I'm posting this for his benefit.  Either he will find a
way to post the latest version or I will post it when he's satisfied
that it's ready for release.  Please don't confuse things by posting
older versions.

--
      Dale Schumacher                         399 Beacon Ave.
      (alias: Dalnefre')                      St. Paul, MN  55104