[comp.os.minix] library ordering

wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) (12/01/88)

In article <2688@sultra.UUCP>, dtynan@sultra.UUCP (Der Tynan) writes:
> Nothing against Art Zemon's nice piece of code, but unfortunately, it is just
> a stopgap until you can use lorder and tsort.

There has been a lot of discussion of library ordering, etc.  I'm not
sure how many people with PC-MINIX are aware what has been done in
ST-MINIX.  The library used there does not have any ordering
requirements.  The ar program includes some sort of header in the
library (the term ranlib is used in the manual) which allows the loader
to find anything it needs.  There are other changes too, so I don't know
if any of this is directly useable by the PC folks.
--
     Gerry Wheeler                           Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!wheels