[net.unix-wizards] 4.1bsd RX02 floppy disk driver!

v.wales@UCLA-Security@sri-unix (06/09/82)

From: v.wales at UCLA-Security (Rich Wales)
Date: 29 May 1982 1208-PDT (Saturday)
In case anyone is interested, I have an RX02 floppy disk driver for
4.1bsd which we've been using here at UCLA.  This driver handles both
single and double density (selected by minor device number); it can
format (initialize) a floppy to either density; and it gives you access
to the "deleted-data sector mark" feature of the RX02.

This driver does NOT provide a "block" interface, and would have to be
modified considerably to do so.  This means it won't support UNIX file
systems on floppies.  However, we decided here some time ago not to let
users put file systems on their floppies, for several good reasons
which I'll be happy to go into detail on if people want me to.

-- Rich Wales
   (Wales at UCLA-Security)
   (ucbvax!ucla-vax!wales)