[comp.os.minix] first test, then post

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (01/12/89)

I tried compiling id.c posted by John Marco.  It didn't compile.  While
I eventually figured out how to fix it, it is hard to imagine that a
program that didn't even compile had been heavily tested.  I think there
is much to be said for testing software before posting it.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

pa1343@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (pa1343) (01/14/89)

In article <1889@ast.cs.vu.nl>, ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:

> I tried compiling id.c posted by John Marco.  It didn't compile.  While
> program that didn't even compile had been heavily tested.  I think there
oops!  This program WAS tested (I've been using it for a year with no problems)
I must have posted a version just prior to my final version.  The changes are
trivial:  on line 25 and 30 simply change the reference group->name to
group->gr_name.  Sorry.  I must have deleted my final version and thought
that this was the final version.

I also installed stevie on my xt 4.77 Mz Hercules card clone and the
scrolling does not work at all.  All is fine, however, when I hit ^L
but when I scroll up or down, text stays still in them middle and
changes at the top and bottom.  Anybody else have this problem? Suggestions?

John J. Marco
pa1343@iugrad2.ucsd.edu
nosc!ucsd!iugrad2!pa1343