[net.unix-wizards] Varian Printer/Plotter Problems

parker@NRL-CSS@sri-unix (06/12/82)

From: parker at NRL-CSS (Alan Parker)
Date: 3 Jun 1982 09:36:40-EDT
I had the same problem recently.  I have two solutions.  To begin with
I modified the 4.1 varian driver to use programmed I/O, instead of dma;
just to get the thing going.  I will ship you that driver if you want.
I recently received a new dma driver from Peter Eichenberger at Stanford
that works with the dma board.  You must have a Revision D dma board and
Revision S pio board.  I can also ship you that driver.  Public thanks
go to Peter for the help he provided me.