[comp.os.minix] Errors in stkbd.c

poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) (01/20/89)

According to the booklet <Shift><Clr-Home> should send ESC [J .
Looking at the code in stkbd.c shows that this does not work
with the current version, not only does <Shift><Clr-Home> have a '7'
as value in the keyboard table, which leads to it not being processed
by the function key code (which checks for a zero character value),
even if it would get passed to the funktion key code, it would generate
the sequence ESC [H ESC [J and not ESC [J .

FIX: major rework of stkbd.c

(BTW: if anybody is interested, I've got a tiny program that patches the
      kernel executable with a keytable file, so that you don't have to
      fixkeys the whole time)
UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole			Simon Poole
BITNET: K538915@CZHRZU1A

poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) (01/23/89)

In article <593@forty2.UUCP> poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) writes:
>According to the booklet <Shift><Clr-Home> should send ESC [J .
>FIX: major rework of stkbd.c
Done, I've added VT100-like keypad and VT200-like function keys (plus
fixed the above mentioned bug) and the result is smaller that the
original. If anybody wants the diffs...

VBRANDT%DBNUAMA1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (01/25/89)

Simon Poole (poole@forty2.UUCP) writes:
>>According to the booklet <Shift><Clr-Home> should send ESC J .
>>FIX: major rework of stkbd.c
>Done, I've added VT100-like keypad and VT200-like function keys (plus
>fixed the above mentioned bug) and the result is smaller that the
>original. If anybody wants the diffs...

Yes, please. I think you could safely post them. If you decide not to,
please email me a copy. Thanks.

Bitnet:  VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1                              Volker A. Brandt
UUCP:    ...!unido!DBNUAMA1.bitnet!vbrandt             Angewandte Mathematik
ARPAnet: VBRANDT%DBNUAMA1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU       (Bonn, West Germany)