[comp.os.minix] MINIX archive in europe

willy@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Willy Konijnenberg) (01/25/89)

In article <7161@louie.udel.EDU> VBRANDT%DBNUAMA1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>What parts of that stuff will be usable for us ST-types ? Should I save every-
>thing ?  (Don't have Minix-ST yet)

No need to save everything if you have email.
My archive saves all received articles, so you can always get them back.
including commands in the Subject or contents of your message of the form:
	send index			# overall index
	send disclaimer			# I am not responsible for the contents
	send 1989.Jan			# last month's index
	send 1989.Jan 7161@louie.udel.EDU	# referenced article
	send ast			# index of Andy's Words
(Remove the comments!)
Please note that the primary intended audience of this archive is the
Europe area. Not north america. The mcvax!uunet link is kind of expensive
and overloaded... and besides, the americans have their own archives.

I am also willing to include other usefull MINIX materials in this archive.
The bugs.nosc.mil source upgrade sets are coming (I hope) and I plan
to make the MGR window system source available when it is complete, for
those brave souls who want to try to get it running.

--
	Willy Konijnenberg		<willy@idca.tds.philips.nl>

burgett@adobe.com (Michael Burgett) (01/26/89)

In article <155@ssp11.idca.tds.philips.nl> willy@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Willy Konijnenberg) writes:
[...]
[...]
>Please note that the primary intended audience of this archive is the
>Europe area. Not north america. The mcvax!uunet link is kind of expensive
>and overloaded... and besides, the americans have their own archives.

Do we still have an email-server archive somewhere?  If anyone has the
email address of such a server (the closer to CA the better :-) please post
it. Since bugs quit doing it, I haven't heard of another one and have figured
that we poor souls without internet access are screwed.  Thanks.

		----------------------------------
			mike burgett
		     burgett@adobe.com
	   "squid and red bean stew served daily...."

ncoverby@ndsuvax.UUCP (Glen Overby) (01/28/89)

In article <282@adobe.COM> burgett@adobe.COM (Michael Burgett) writes:
>Do we still have an email-server archive somewhere?  If anyone has the
>email address of such a server (the closer to CA the better :-) please post
>it. Since bugs quit doing it, I haven't heard of another one and have figured
>that we poor souls without internet access are screwed.  Thanks.

All of Bitnet's LISTSERVes accept commands via mail.  So the archives on
listserv@vm1.nodak.edu (aka ndsuvm1.bitnet) should be accessible thru mail.
See the "Minix Information Sheet" for details on accessing this file server.

I know a few people have been successful in getting stuff from there via
email from UUCP, but there have been problems with (apparently) gateways
not accepting the large replies.

Glen Overby     ncoverby@plains.nodak.edu
uunet!ndsuvax!ncoverby                  ncoverby@ndsuvax (Bitnet)