[comp.os.minix] ICD host adaptor and Minix/ST

rthurlow@van-bc.UUCP (Rob Thurlow) (02/03/89)

Hi!

My new ST hard disk (Priam V170 60 Meg run by an ICD host adaptor and
an Adaptec 4000A) is about to get formatted again so that I can set up
partitions the way I want for TOS, Magic Sac and Minix.  The trick is
that the Magic Sac has to have all partitions in the first four, and
I need at least two to "boot" from the hard disk with an HFS partition
around.  I'd like Minix to live in partitions 5 and 6, and I want to
know first if Minix as shipped can find those partitions, since Atari's
software only does four, and secondly if anyone has patches to read the
extended partition table the ICD and Supra software use.  Any help will
be greatly appreciated.
--
"There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a
 Pisces, probably working for scale."   - Nick Danger

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (02/04/89)

In article <2201@van-bc.UUCP>, rthurlow@van-bc.UUCP (Rob Thurlow) writes:
> that the Magic Sac has to have all partitions in the first four, and
> I need at least two to "boot" from the hard disk with an HFS partition
> around.  I'd like Minix to live in partitions 5 and 6, and I want to
> know first if Minix as shipped can find those partitions, since Atari's
> software only does four

MINIX only reads the first four partitions.  You will need a changed
kernel/stwini.c in order to access more partitions. I will post this
shortly.

Howard Johnson
ATT-BL
lzaz!hcj