[comp.os.minix] ST Re: Gnu

meulenbr@cstw01.UUCP (Frans Meulenbroeks) (02/13/89)

In article <7091@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> dono@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Don OConnell) writes:
>For those of you who don't read comp.sources.unix(few thou you be), the
>latest gnu e/grep (version 1.2) has just been posted (5 parts). It has
>a few more command line switches and options than the one that comes with
>Minix.
This program will run unmodified on Minix/ST provided that you compile it
with the gnu compiler with 32 bit integers. You might also need
Doug Gwyn's dir lib. I seem to recall that I compiled with -DUSG

The good thing is that it also comes with a working diff3.
I haven't tried it yet in combination with rcs though.
--
Frans Meulenbroeks        (meulenbr@cst.prl.philips.nl)
	Centre for Software Technology