[comp.os.minix] Minix-ST kernel patches

ugbernie@cs.Buffalo.EDU (03/02/89)

Did anybody get the kernel patches uudecode.  Every which way  I tried it
I got the error --  No end line --
But the last line does say end!!!!
I've been uudecoded it on a sun-3, taht wouldn't make a difference would it?
If anybody was able to get the files uudecoded & and un-tar-ed
please explain how they did so?
				BERNIE
p.s. I was using the reposted part 1 & 5 with the original parts 2,3 & 4
that were sent out by H. Johnson.
Bernard Bediako  --------=-=-=-=-=->	ugbernie@cs.buffalo.edu
"Sorry Love, just come to check the meter!" A.C.O.

scksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Sean C. Kelly) (03/02/89)

You not only have to cat the files together, but you have to do something
else (at least I did!)

First, remove all the header and signature information from the five parts.
Also, in parts 2-5, remove the `begin' lines.
In parts 1-4, remove the `include' lines.
THEN cat them together and uudecode it.

Then, uncompress the resultant file.

Then, tar txf the resultant file.

Then, ...

but you get the point!

--
Sean Kelly                                  "I am not a number ...
scksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu                           I am a free man!"

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (03/02/89)

In article <4451@cs.Buffalo.EDU>, ugbernie@cs.Buffalo.EDU writes:
> Did anybody get the kernel patches uudecode.  Every which way  I tried it
> I got the error --  No end line --
> But the last line does say end!!!!

This is uuencoded using Dumas, uue running under TOS.
When I check that all is ok on a VAX, I also get the No end line.
I guess only uud really likes what uue produces.

Nevertheless, the resulting compressed tars all seem to be valid.

Please note. If uudecode leaves you with alltar.z you have to rename it
alltar.Z before using compress -d alltar > all.tar .
TOS is case insensitive!.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzaz!hcj
hcj@lzaz.att.com

jack@csmunix.larc.nasa.gov (Jack Dunn) (03/02/89)

I had no proble with the files. I did edit out the headers and
cat the files into one large file. I also did the work
on my st with minix.

Jack Dunn