[comp.os.minix] Minix achive large file queries

nwc@uunet.uu.net (Nick Christopher) (03/03/89)

When I query the MINIX-L archive at listserve@ndsuvm1  and request large files
if barfs at 2000 lines, now I know I can increase my line limit there with "outlim"
but this may exceed my mailers file size limit.  Is there any why on a PRINT
statement to define a reqion of lines?

\n

ncoverby@ndsuvax.UUCP (Glen Overby) (03/04/89)

In article <10105@louie.udel.EDU> slcpi!nwc@uunet.uu.net (Nick Christopher) writes:
>When I query the MINIX-L archive at listserve@ndsuvm1  and request large files
>if barfs at 2000 lines, now I know I can increase my line limit there with "outlim"
>but this may exceed my mailers file size limit.  Is there any why on a PRINT
>statement to define a reqion of lines?

Yes.  This is described in the "Advanced Features" section of the LISTSERV
DATABASE documentation.  You need to add an "outlim" statement to your PRINT
command.  I think it would be like this:

        print outlim=nnnnn refnum

but I haven't tried it, so don't hold me to that.  Use "info database" to
get the database operations documentation if you don't already have it.

Glen
--
Glen Overby     <ncoverby@plains.nodak.edu>
                uunet!ndsuvax!ncoverby