[comp.os.minix] Ethernet

ugbernie@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Bernard Bediako) (03/04/89)

	Are there any Ethernet controllers out for the ST?
I've wondering if it will be possible to port the Ethernet control (Amoeba)
to MINIX-ST and cross mount a sun's hard disk to MINIX's filesystem?
						bernie

Bernard Bediako  --------=-=-=-=-=->	ugbernie@cs.buffalo.edu
"Sorry Love, just come to check the meter!" A.C.O.

rjd@brunix (Rob Demillo) (03/06/89)

In article <4481@cs.Buffalo.EDU> ugbernie@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Bernard Bediako) writes:

>	Are there any Ethernet controllers out for the ST?
>I've wondering if it will be possible to port the Ethernet control (Amoeba)
>to MINIX-ST and cross mount a sun's hard disk to MINIX's filesystem?
>						bernie

According to the April '89 issue of STart, FutureDOS (a Canadian company)
will soon be releasing an Ethernet controller board
called TAXI (The Atari eXtended Interface) for the 520s, 1040s and
Megas. (The 520s and 1040s communicate thru the DMA port, while the
Mega uses the internal bus.)

For further info:
	FutureDOS R&D
	1207-120 Torresdale Ave
	North York, Ontario
	M2R 3N7
	(416) 736-0321

The price of the boards is expected to be in the $1K-$2K range.
(I dunno whether those are US$ or Candian$)

 - Rob DeMillo			| UUCP:   ...ima!brunix!brnpsg!demillo
   Brown University 		| BITnet: DEMILLO%BRNPSG.SPAN@STAR.STANFORD.EDU
   Planetary Science Group	| GEnie:  R.DEMILLO
			Reality: 401-863-3769