[comp.os.minix] /dev/tty1

x110ws%TAMUNIX.BITNET@uicvm.uic.edu (Wally Strzelec) (03/15/89)

Hello, could someone please tell me how to configure /dev/tty1.
Currently I have the major and minor device numbers as 5 and 1. I have
the two lines 100 and 0d1 in /etc/ttys.  When I try to use tty1 for
example:

        echo atdt > /dev/tty1

my prompt dissapears and I have to reboot to get out of it.  When I
try running kermit, I set line to /dev/tty1 and I then get the
respose:

        Warning, read access to lock directory denied

and then after setting the speed, when I connect, I loose the prompt
and have to reboot again.

Is there somthing that I am missing? By the way, this is running ver
1.3 PC minix on a ps/2 model 30.

        See you
        Wally Strzelec
        <x110ws@tamunix.tamu.edu>

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (03/16/89)

In article <10854@louie.udel.EDU> x110ws%TAMUNIX.BITNET@uicvm.uic.edu (Wally Strzelec) writes:
>When I try running kermit, I set line to /dev/tty1 and I then get the
>respose:
>
>        Warning, read access to lock directory denied
Kermit expects that you have a directory /usr/spool/uucp that is readable and
writable.  It creates LOCK.xxx files there.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)