[comp.os.minix] Minix upgrade from 1.0 on pc

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (03/22/89)

Hello there.  Just happened to stumble across this group, and
immediately have a question.

I have the original MINIX book and software.  Unfortunately it is
version 1.0.  I noticed from reading the articles that it is up to
either 1.2 or 1.3 depending on which article.  I have the PC version,
and would like to upgrade to the latest version.  Obvious question is
where can I get it from?  Also, the original version only used 640 K.
Is the new version now capable of addressing more than that? or it it
capable of using EMS?

Thanks.  Please e-mail responses, if there is interest I will post a
summary.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon

In article <557@ispi.UUCP> jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:

>Hello there.  Just happened to stumble across this group, and
>immediately have a question.
>
>I have the original MINIX book and software.  Unfortunately it is
>version 1.0.  I noticed from reading the articles that it is up to
	 ^^^

I goofed.  I have version 1.1

}
}Thanks.  Please e-mail responses, if there is interest I will post a
}summary.

I also just heard about the update available from Prentice-Hall.

JB