[comp.os.minix] 1.3 upgrade package

@atc.boeing.com:gfb@wsc-sun (Gareth Beale) (04/11/89)

I have just received my minix 1.3 upgrade disks (only took about a
week).  The question I have is what "level" of 1.3 do they correspond
to?  I have seen code on this newsgroup designated 1.3a, 1.3b etc., do
I have to apply these to my 1.3 release or was 1.3 designated to be
whatever "level" we had reached before the disks were cut?

Gareth Beale (206)865-5375             #  e-mail:  Boeing Computer
Services, M/S 7A-35    #  gfb@wsc-sun.boeing.com P.O. Box
24346                         #  or:  Seattle, Wa.
98124-0346                #  bcsaic.boeing.com!wsc-sun!gfb

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (04/12/89)

In article <12772@louie.udel.EDU> @atc.boeing.com:gfb@wsc-sun (Gareth Beale) writes:
>I have just received my minix 1.3 upgrade disks (only took about a
>week).  The question I have is what "level" of 1.3 do they correspond to?

The 1.3 disks from P-H are the final one in the series 1.3a, 1.3b, etc.
The first preliminary one was 1.3a, then 1.3b, etc.  I forget how far we got,
but the P-H 1.3 corresponds to the final posting to the net and is the base
against which I will post all future cdiffs (e.g., 1.4b and eventually, 2.0).

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

P.S. I finally got my set from P-H today (at least for the AT).  They
changed the box, but otherwise everything seems ok.  I also checked the
update kit I got from them last week, and it also seems ok.