[comp.os.minix] Upgrade kit screwup

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (04/13/89)

P-H is indeed sending upgrade kits to everyone who checked the box saying they
wanted the upgrade kit.  They did not distinguish between IBM and Atari
users.  If you are an Atari user who checked the box and got an IBM upgrade
kit, just send it back unopened, and they won't bill you, at least not if
you return it before the billing computer strikes. Needless to say,
send the mailing label or other identification so they know who you are.

Once more, just in case anyone missed it, there is no upgrade kit for the
Atari, but it is not so crucial since MINIX-ST 1.1 is pretty close to
MINIX-PC 1.3.  The differences can be figured out by grubbing through the
archives of this newsgroup.

Sorry about the mess.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

stailey@iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov (Ken Stailey) (04/14/89)

In article <2301@ast.cs.vu.nl> ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:

>Once more, just in case anyone missed it, there is no upgrade kit for the
>Atari, but it is not so crucial since MINIX-ST 1.1 is pretty close to
>MINIX-PC 1.3.  The differences can be figured out by grubbing through the

The MINIX-ST 1.1 release doesn't have ameoba and I haven't heard anything
about it except that it's a really great RPC.  Now here come the sources
by mail.  What if I opened the package by mistake...

{  what opinions?!? what disclaimer !?!?!        ken@all.over.the.place  }