[comp.os.minix] Apple ][ postings

dono@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Don OConnell) (04/14/89)

Can we drop this discussion of the Apple II computers, or I will be forced to
reopen the discussion of the early PDP's. 	(:^)

Don O'Connell					killer!dono

allbery@ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) (04/21/89)

As quoted from <7844@killer.Dallas.TX.US> by dono@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Don OConnell):
+---------------
| Can we drop this discussion of the Apple II computers, or I will be forced to
| reopen the discussion of the early PDP's. 	(:^)
+---------------

Awwww..... and I was just getting ready to open a discussion of Minix
on the TRS-80 Model I... ;-}

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery@ncoast.org
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery@hal.cwru.edu

jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin,,,) (04/21/89)

From article <13593@ncoast.ORG>, by allbery@ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery):

> Awwww..... and I was just getting ready to open a discussion of Minix
> on the TRS-80 Model I... ;-}

	How about the color computer? :-)

--
Jason Coughlin
( jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu , jk0@clutx , or whatever suits your fancy )

APEARSON%WAYNEST1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Patrick Haggood) (04/22/89)

>Aw, and I was just going to start my discussion on the TRS-80

Hmm, Minix-Timex 1000 anyone?

flames > /dev/blackhole (Minix people KNOW how to make custom drivers...!)

rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) (04/22/89)

Let's keep the noise down!  I thought this was comp.os.minix, not comp.old.

As for the Apple II, what's wrong with discussing Minix being put on it?
This *IS* the Minix group, isn't it?  Or maybe thiss is just another branch
of comp.sys.ibm.pc.

If so, you can take your uppity-ness and go BACK to comp.sys.ibm.pc - we
don't need that sort of stuff around here.

Thanks for letting me blow steam...

PS:	Need I remind anyone that OS-9 runs on the Color Computer and
	multitasks very nicely thank you.  OS-9 is ALSO a UNIX look alike -
	so take THAT and shove it.

	[david]

--
!======= David Douthitt :::: Madison, WI =======!== The Stainless Steel Rat ==!
!  ArpaNet: madnix!rat@cs.wisc.edu              !                             !

eichert%uservx.decnet@ddnvx2.afwl.af.mil (USERVX::EICHERT) (04/23/89)

+From article <13593@ncoast.ORG>, by allbery@ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery):
+>
+
+	How about the color computer? :-)
+

	Why not?  OS-9 is the alternative o/s for the CoCo you know.

+--
+Jason Coughlin
+( jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu , jk0@clutx , or whatever suits your fancy )

diana eichert
eichert%uservax.decnet@ddnvx2.afwl.af.mil

schulp@pbinfo.UUCP (Helmut Neumann ) (04/24/89)

Is there also a port to Commodores PET 2001 ???
If it is done for the 6502 it should be easy to bring it on the PET.
At least there are interrupt sources available.!

Schulp

mikes@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Michael Steele) (04/25/89)

In article <521@corona.pb> schulp@pbinfo.UUCP (Helmut Neumann ) writes:
>Is there also a port to Commodores PET 2001 ???
>If it is done for the 6502 it should be easy to bring it on the PET.
>At least there are interrupt sources available.!

 	Apple II?!?!  6502 version of MINIX?!?  I want to know if one
	exists so I won't have to convert it to the GS.  Send replies via
	Email as I don't get time to read this group a lot.

					Thanks in advance
					Michael Steele
						mikes@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu

--
Michael Steele		mikes@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
			mikes@ncsuctix.ncsuvx.ncsu.edu

vandys@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Andrew Valencia(Seattle)) (04/25/89)

/ hpcupt1:comp.os.minix / schulp@pbinfo.UUCP (Helmut Neumann ) /  6:10 am  Apr 24, 1989 /
>Is there also a port to Commodores PET 2001 ???
>If it is done for the 6502 it should be easy to bring it on the PET.
>At least there are interrupt sources available.!

	So now I should propose:

		comp.os.for.moribund.computers.like.cbm.pet.2001    ?

	Ugh.

rsilvers@hawk.ulowell.edu (Robert Silvers) (04/26/89)

In article <2894@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> mikes@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Michael Steele) writes:
>In article <521@corona.pb> schulp@pbinfo.UUCP (Helmut Neumann ) writes:
>>Is there also a port to Commodores PET 2001 ???
>>If it is done for the 6502 it should be easy to bring it on the PET.
>>At least there are interrupt sources available.!

     Is minix availiable for the HP28S?

						--Rob.

Robert Silvers.                               I'm the NRA.
Box #1003 University of Lowell.
Lowell Ma, 01854                              (508) 452-5000 x2233

vandys@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Andrew Valencia(Seattle)) (04/26/89)

/ hpcupt1:comp.os.minix / rsilvers@hawk.ulowell.edu (Robert Silvers) /  4:28 pm  Apr 25, 1989 /

>     Is minix availiable for the HP28S?

	Gee, if it is, a port to the 1802 Super Elf should be easy!

In article <12996@swan.ulowell.edu> rsilvers@hawk.ulowell.edu (Robert Silvers) writes:
>In article <2894@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> mikes@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Michael Steele) writes:
>>In article <521@corona.pb> schulp@pbinfo.UUCP (Helmut Neumann ) writes:
>>>Is there also a port to Commodores PET 2001 ???
>>>If it is done for the 6502 it should be easy to bring it on the PET.
>>>At least there are interrupt sources available.!

Yes, but you have to load it off 4 60 minute cassette tapes.
		}-)
--
 -=- PrayerMail: Send 100Mbits to holyghost@father.son[127.0.0.1]
 and You Too can have a Personal Electronic Relationship with God!