[comp.os.minix] Ether-net

bobs@crdec3.apgea.army.mil (J.R.Suckling) (05/04/89)

    I have some people that want to use minix to net work an office of
PC's.  Are there any fast networking interfaces (like ether-net)
running under Minix.

    I have ask the local people with the money, If thay would like an
rs-232-net, but this does not turn them on.  I was tould today that
thay would run Minix if I could get them ether-net tcp/ip access.
If I have to I will port a tcp/ip software to Minix.  But I would
like to get some help with picking LAN vendors that will tell me
enough about there hardware to get started.

    I have read some of this list sometime ago, but I have not been
keeping up.  Please send mail to me and I will summarize to the net.

Thanks
(Bob S)

vlstemen@uokmax.UUCP (Vincent Lyle Stemen) (05/13/89)

In article <14599@louie.udel.EDU> bobs@crdec3.apgea.army.mil (J.R.Suckling) writes:

>    I have some people that want to use minix to net work an office of
>PC's.  Are there any fast networking interfaces (like ether-net)
>running under Minix.

Check out Minix 1.3.  It has a full networking package. (amoeba)

--
--------
MSDOS --> Mutated Systems Distribution Of S...