[comp.os.minix] st problems with clam

karl@aicchi.UUCP (Ken Lightbody) (06/03/89)

After downloading clam , patches1, and patches2 I have come up with the
following unresolved:

	_getcwd
	-readdir
	_closedir
	_opendir
	_getlogin
	_localtime
	_fdopen
	__exit

Do I need to get a hold of gcc in order to get clam to link??

--
	Ken Lightbody	Analysts International Corporation (Chicago)
	usenet:		...{hcfeams,homebru,vfrot}!aicchi!karl

wtoomey@gara.une.oz (Warren Toomey) (06/06/89)

In article <106@aicchi.UUCP>, karl@aicchi.UUCP (Ken Lightbody) writes:
> After downloading clam , patches1, and patches2 I have come up with the
> following unresolved:
> 	_getcwd 	-readdir
> 	_closedir 	_opendir
> 	_getlogin 	_localtime
> 	_fdopen 	__exit
>
> Do I need to get a hold of gcc in order to get clam to link??

Probably not, but you will need the directory functions posted by Terrence
Holm (?) many months ago. That will get rid of closedir, readdir & opendir.
Getcwd was posted a long time ago, too. As for the rest, they are in
1.3 PC Minix, I'm not sure about ST MINIX. Anybody else have any ideas?

BTW, I've just found a LARGE bug in Patch2 Clam, so patch up to #1 for now,
and I'll try to get the bug fixed ASAP.

Best of luck with Clam!

		Warren Toomey
		(wtoomey@gara.une.oz)

mboen@nixpbe.UUCP (Martin Boening) (06/06/89)

karl@aicchi.UUCP (Ken Lightbody) writes:

>After downloading clam , patches1, and patches2 I have come up with the
>following unresolved:

>	_getcwd
>	-readdir
>	_closedir
>	_opendir
>	_getlogin
>	_localtime
>	_fdopen
>	__exit

>Do I need to get a hold of gcc in order to get clam to link??

Hmmm. I sure hope not. There was a bug report on the MINIX ST library once,
which stated that popen called _exit instead of exit, so that's the __exit.
Also, a routine fdopen was published on the net, which was adapted from
fopen, so that should take care of the _fdopen. The _localtime is indeed
missing, but should be easy to write up (I did one for adapting afio and
it seems to work).

readdir, opendir and closedir are probably from the directory(3) stuff which
was also published for MINIX on the net, and I thinkl I've seen a getcwd.c
there too. I don't know about where to get the getlogin()-routine from. If
you're at your wits end I could try to find the stuff I mention above, but
it would take me a while to find it (I've got lot's of Postings still tucked
away on diskettes and my disk box is a chaos). Maybe you should try the Minix
Server at "idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl!minix-archive (Minix Archive)" first.

Good luck.

Martin
--
Email: in the   USA ->  ...!uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mboening.pad
       outside  USA ->  {...!mcvax}!unido!nixpbe!mboening.pad