[comp.os.minix] screen redraws

PCF1%VAXA.YORK.AC.UK@cunyvm.cuny.edu (06/11/89)

Rahul Dhesin writes in a recent posting :
>If a program produces strictly sequential output, you only need to
>redraw it if it has scrolled off your screen or been overwritten by the
>output of some other screen-orientated program.

Not strictly true : despite what the phone companies of the world would have us
beleive there is still lots of extraneous noise on phone lines and characters
get corrupted in transit. My most common use for screen redraw is because of
large quantities of crap appearing on my screen due to line noise.

Until we have perfect comms _ALL_ programs that use the screen should have a
"redraw" facility. (it also comes in usefull for job control :-))

-Pete French.
 PCF1@vaxa.york.ac.uk || pete@kyns.co.bt.uk
                                        O.K. - I admit it, I work for one
                                         of the "phone companies of the world".