[comp.os.minix] patch problems

HELMER%SDNET.BITNET@vm1.nodak.edu (Guy Helmer) (06/13/89)

Recently I posted to the net asking for clues as to why patch is
operating poorly when faced with context diffs.  I have not seen any
I seriously want to apply Bruce Evan's patches, so if anyone has
a patch binary that applies these patches without giving the operator
severe hassles I would appreciate (very much) hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.

-- Guy Helmer
   bitnet:  HELMER@SDNET

jds@mimsy.UUCP (James da Silva) (06/13/89)

In article <17470@louie.udel.EDU> HELMER%SDNET.BITNET@vm1.nodak.edu
(Guy Helmer) writes:
 > Recently I posted to the net asking for clues as to why patch is
 > operating poorly when faced with context diffs.  I have not seen any
 > seriously want to apply Bruce Evan's patches, so if anyone has a patch
 > binary that applies these patches without giving the operator severe
 > hassles I would appreciate (very much) hearing from you.  Thanks in
 > advance.

I use the patch binary that was posted to this group many months ago.  I
imagine that both the internet and bitnet archives have it.

I had trouble with one file, I think it was klib88.x or somesuch, that was
too big for patch to deal with.  Luckily, Bruce had included the entire
file, just packaged as a diff, so with sed and a little hand editing to
snip off the diff header I had the file.

The rest of the patches applied without trouble, and I was able to
compile and run the protected mode kernel with no more hassles.

Jaime
: domain: jds@mimsy.umd.edu				     James da Silva
: path:   uunet!mimsy!jds