[comp.os.minix] Screen

jf@laura.UUCP (Jan-Hinrich Fessel) (06/19/89)

In article <2293@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> mfuller@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov (Mike J. Fuller) writes:
>To a certain extent, yes.  A long time ago, I built a program called
>"screen" on our suns here.  I can't remember where I got it, but it
>does exist and work on machines with BSD support.  It's README file
>begins:

Screen was posted some times ago to the comp.sources.unix group.

Anyone giving me sockets, then I will do the cheap rest...

	Jan-Hinrich

--
			      Jan-Hinrich Fessel
	Universitaet Dortmund, IRB	jf@unido.uucp  ||  jf@unido.bitnet

PAS03%DMSWWU1A.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Stefan Grefen) (06/20/89)

> In article <2293@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> mfuller@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov (Mike J.
>  Fuller) writes:
> >To a certain extent, yes.  A long time ago, I built a program called
> >"screen" on our suns here.  I can't remember where I got it, but it
> >does exist and work on machines with BSD support.  It's README file
> >begins:
> >

> Screen was posted some times ago to the comp.sources.unix group.
>
> Anyone giving me sockets, then I will do the cheap rest...
>
>     Jan-Hinrich

It should be possible to run it under SysV.
I've ported it to run under a SysV Rel.3 with 'only' Internet Sockets.
It think it should work with named pipes or straems also.
If don't want disconnecting normal pipes should do.
The only essential thing is to have pty's or a clone device like ptc
and to have a select system call or a pool system call to wait for
multiple handles too become ready.
I've also added a permanent status line for Terminals that have one.
I don't know if MINIX got this features because I have'nt had time to
look at it close enough.

   Stefan