[comp.os.minix] AMIGA vaporware

rheffel@cs2.wsu.edu (07/19/89)

AST is right.  People do want to know about the port to different
architectures.  And it should be included in the current P-H package
if P-H does not want to sell it separately.  But P-H's position is very
short-sited.  One more binder that contained an ATARI-AMIGA version would
help sell AST's book.  Furthermore, not all students have a member of
the IBM PC family.
P-H should be experienced by now with dealing with software for different
computers.  But who knows?  Maybe they really are incompetent!

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (07/20/89)

In article <20031@louie.udel.EDU> rheffel@cs2.wsu.edu writes:
>P-H should be experienced by now with dealing with software for different
>computers.  But who knows?  Maybe they really are incompetent!
They believe that an Amiga is like a Nintendo.  It is for games only.
Don't tell me otherwise.  I can't convince them.  It is true that very few
universities have rooms full of Amigas, but plenty have IBM clones and
in Europe, many have Ataris.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)