[comp.os.minix] Clam csh-like shell for minix

bill@polygen.uucp (Bill Poitras) (08/01/89)

Does anybody have a version of Clam for Minix-PC.  I think I'm ready to
graduate to something more feature-rich than the Bourne Shell.  I remember
seeing a patch to it on the net, so the most current patch level would greatly
be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

+-----------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| Bill Poitras    | Polygen Corporation       | {princeton mit-eddie        |
|     (bill)      | Waltham, MA USA           |  buita sunne}!polygen!bill  |
+-----------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+

wtoomey@gara.une.oz (Warren Toomey) (08/03/89)

In article <516@polygen.UUCP>, bill@polygen.uucp (Bill Poitras) writes:
> Does anybody have a version of Clam for Minix-PC.  I think I'm ready to
> graduate to something more feature-rich than the Bourne Shell.

Sorry, I'd like to be able to send you a copy of the source, but I have
to pay to email out of the country :-( However, there should be somebody
in America who could give you the source. Any takers?

As for the patches to Clam, I'll be taking a snapshot of the current version
here next week, compiling it under Minix, trying to short-circuit it, and
if it still works, I'll post the 3rd official set of patches to Clam.
Lots of minor bugs have been fixed, especially the ^old^new replacement,
which currently doesn't work. A few additions too, such as a builtin
`which', etc.

Callum [ the author ] and I would also like to know who is using Clam?
Could you please email me if you do? I'd hate to be wasting net
bandwidth with this.

Currently, Clam runs on the following machines:

	Pyramid 90x		4.2BSD/SysV dualport Unix
	Gould NP1		4.3BSD
	Sun 3/50		4.3BSD-ish [ SunOS 3.5 ]
	Microvax		Ultrix
	IBM PC			Minix 1.3 & ACK compiler
	Atari ST		Minix & Gnu C compiler

However, we haven't got a proper SysV port done yet - the terminfo needs
to be completed. If anyone is interested in finishing the SysV port,
could they please email me.

While I think of it, has anybody written (gasp) SOCKETS for Minix. I'd
like to start work on a proper set of TCP/IP server/clients [ using the
KA9Q stuff ], so if sockets have been done, could I have a copy?

Thanks again, everyone!

	Warren Toomey.