[comp.os.minix] dirent.h, etc.

bill@chinet.chi.il.us (Bill Mitchell) (07/31/89)

This is my first posting.  Advance apologies if I mess it up.

Two items I've downloaded recently (Peter Housel's UUPC and
Earl Chew's ls) #include <minix/dirent.h>.

I have a plain vanilla PH Minix 1.3 distribution, which does not
contain dirent.h.  I'd appreciate it if someone would send me a copy
or let me know where I can find it.

The UUPC posting mentioned that Doug Gwyn's POSIX directory routines
would be needed.  Possibly these include dirent.h.  Could someone
let me know how to obtain these?

Thanks,

Bill Mitchell

root@cca.ucsf.edu (Systems Staff) (08/01/89)

In article <9121@chinet.chi.il.us>, bill@chinet.chi.il.us (Bill Mitchell) writes:

> Two items I've downloaded recently (Peter Housel's UUPC and
> Earl Chew's ls) #include <minix/dirent.h>.
> The UUPC posting mentioned that Doug Gwyn's POSIX directory routines
> would be needed.  Possibly these include dirent.h.  Could someone
> let me know how to obtain these?

Yes, dirent.h is included in Gwyn's package.

Gwyn's package was posted to comp.sources.unix under the name
gwyn-dir-lib and is in Volume 9 of the archives.

Two fixes to the package have been posted that I have seen.
Have there been any others?

Has this package been posted to comp.os.minix at any time?
Should it be (for the sake of completeness)?

 Thos Sumner       Internet: thos@cca.ucsf.edu
 (The I.G.)        UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!thos
                   BITNET:  thos@ucsfcca

 U.S. Mail:  Thos Sumner, Computer Center, Rm U-76, UCSF
             San Francisco, CA 94143-0704 USA

OS|2 -- an Operating System for puppets.

#include <disclaimer.std>

rmtodd@uokmax.UUCP (Richard Michael Todd) (08/03/89)

In article <2264@ucsfcca.ucsf.edu> root@cca.ucsf.edu (Systems Staff) writes:
>Has this package been posted to comp.os.minix at any time?
>Should it be (for the sake of completeness)?
  Yes, it was posted by me a year or so ago along with all the other
stuff needed to port John Gilmore's tar to Minix.  If you've grovelling
thru the archives, I'm afraid I don't know exactly what the msg-id was,
but (like this one) it's <some-number@uokmax.UUCP>.  Anyway, yes it has
appeared before.
--
Richard Todd   rmtodd@chinet.chi.il.us  or  rmtodd@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
                                    aka     ...!sun!texsun!uokmax!rmtodd

swh@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) (08/03/89)

Re: dirent.h

Would you consider re-posting them?  They can't be that big.