[comp.os.minix] Archive/HardDisc Questions

bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) (08/06/89)

Two questions to the minix public:

1.  Where is an archive site for patches to minix (specifically
Minix-ST)?

2.  Is there a technique for accessing my hard disc through my
ICD host adaptor?

Thanks,

Bob

 ----------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
| Bob Waltenspiel                   | e-mail: bobw@hpsad (hplabs!hpsad!..)    |
| ATE Software Team                 | Telnet: 794-3091                        |
| HP Signal Analysis Division       | AT&T: (707) 794-3091                    |
| 1212 Valley House Dr.             | HPDesk: Bob WALTENSPIEL/HP5300/A0       |
| Rohnert Park, CA 94928-4999       | HP Mailstop: 1UR-M                      |
 ----------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

swklassen@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Steven W. Klassen) (08/07/89)

In article <590009@hpsad.HP.COM> bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) writes:
>1.  Where is an archive site for patches to minix (specifically
>Minix-ST)?

I am also looking for this.  Please post responses.

Steven W. Klassen
Computer Science Major
University of Waterloo

ncoverby@plains.NoDak.edu (Glen Overby) (08/11/89)

In article <15713@watdragon.waterloo.edu> swklassen@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Steven W. Klassen) writes:
>In article <590009@hpsad.HP.COM> bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) writes:
>>1.  Where is an archive site for patches to minix (specifically
>>Minix-ST)?

Thats one of the top 10 questions on this newsgroup.  To answer it, Andy
Tanenbaum wrote up a Minix Information Sheet, and I adopted keeping it up to
date and posting it on the first of every month.  If you don't have a copy,
you can get one from vm1.nodak.edu [192.33.18.30] in minix/minix.info or by
mail to listserv@vm1.nodak.edu (aka ndsuvm1 on bitnet) saying:

	get minix info minix

there is a fairly large collection of patches for both the PC and ST on vm1,
but it is by no means the only place to get the stuff.
--
		Glen Overby	<ncoverby@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!ndsuvax!ncoverby (UUCP)	ncoverby@ndsuvax (Bitnet)