[net.news.group] a new checkgroups?

liz@unirot.UUCP (Mamaliz ) (10/28/85)

With all of this bouncing back and forth between groups, I know I would
appreciate a new checkgroups message and a new list of moderators.  This
would be especially nice as my machine was down for a week, and I am still
trying to figure out what is "official".

How about it Spaf?

lizzy

spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) (10/29/85)

In article <174@unirot.UUCP> liz writes:
>With all of this bouncing back and forth between groups, I know I would
>appreciate a new checkgroups message and a new list of moderators.  This
>would be especially nice as my machine was down for a week, and I am still
>trying to figure out what is "official".
>
>How about it Spaf?

A new "checkgroups" message and list of moderators, plus the other
goodies, will all be posted very early Friday morning.  I might
have posted one earlier, but I've been busy, mostly responding to
flames and requests for clarification.

The "checkgroups" and "moderators" lists will show all the new "mod"
groups as per the lists I've gotten from Erik Fair (he is setting
up the software and the gateways).  The lists will not contain any
of the "fa" groups.  The lists will not contain either net.bizarre
or net.internat.  As far as I am concerned, that currently
represents the "official" state of the newsgroups.

I am hoping that we will be able to add a "mod.std.international"
to the the list soon, but that debate is still going on.
--
Gene "sometime in 1986" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

trey@nadine.UUCP (Trey Chapman) (10/30/85)

In article <174@unirot.UUCP> liz@unirot.UUCP (Mamaliz ) writes:
>With all of this bouncing back and forth between groups, I know I would
>appreciate a new checkgroups message and a new list of moderators.  This
>would be especially nice as my machine was down for a week, and I am still
>trying to figure out what is "official".
>
>How about it Spaf?
>
>lizzy

I had a similar problem and wasn't receiving mail for over a week.
	- trey -