[comp.os.minix] Missing file in clam distrobution

erck12@castle.ed.ac.uk (G Ballinger) (08/21/89)

	The file 'wait.h' which is needed for compiling under BSD unix was
missing from the distrobution. It would be nice if the auther could post
it for us mortals not priviliged to run Minix (:-)).

--

 Geoff Ballinger,                    JANET: Geoff@Ed.Ac.Uk
 CS/AI,                               ARPA: Geoff%Uk.Ac.Ed@nsfnet-relay.Ac.Uk

In article <206@castle.ed.ac.uk> erck12@castle.ed.ac.uk (G Ballinger) writes:

>	The file 'wait.h' which is needed for compiling under BSD unix was
>missing from the distrobution. It would be nice if the auther could post
>it for us mortals not priviliged to run Minix (:-)).

	OK, my mistake. Wait.h is a system file, and my compiler wasn't
finding it because it was being refered to as <wait.h> whereas it is stored
on this system (a Sequent S81 running Dynix = BSD 4.2) in /usr/include/sys/..
Thus changing the above to <sys/wait.h> (like a SUN according to clam!) solved
the problem.

--

callum@gara.une.oz (Callum Gibson CCEN) (08/23/89)

From article <207@castle.ed.ac.uk>, by erck12@castle.ed.ac.uk (G Ballinger):
> In article <206@castle.ed.ac.uk> erck12@castle.ed.ac.uk (G Ballinger) writes:
> Thus changing the above to <sys/wait.h> (like a SUN according to clam!) solved
> the problem.

    A few people have mentioned this problem to me. I can't really do much
about it because three of the BSD machines we have have it in /usr/include
whereas one (the SUN) has it in /usr/include/sys. So you see it was obvious
to me at the time to make a -DSUN condition since it's the machine that
threw up on it.

    Remember, stay tuned for the patches. I'll probably post them tonight or
Warren will tomorrow, assuming we don't discover any more embarrassing bugs.
If you want to know about one, try "" and * or ? on the same line. Oops. The
trouble with Clam bugs is that it is constantly being developed so Warren has
to take pot luck and grab it while it's relatively non-volatile. As a result
it may be semi-tested. Anyway, enough of these petty excuses! It's free!

    Callum

Callum Gibson,                              A/H: (067) 71 1451
Computer Centre,                            B/H: (067) 73 2287
University of New England,                  ISD: +61(67) 73 2287
Armidale, 2351, NSW Australia.              FAX: (067) 73 3272