[comp.os.minix] POSIX stdandards -- common order possible ?

V61%DHDURZ1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Ronald Lamprecht) (08/25/89)

Here in Germany it's possible to order IEEE publication from 'Beuth Verlag',
but the exchange rate they use is quite strange (beyond 1:4). As far as I
remember there are reasonable discounts on IEEE publications if you order
many.

Therefor my question: Could we organize a common order by an IEEE member for
all German (European) Minix users who want the standards ? Who is an IEEE
member and would be willing to order ? Of course all payment to the one
who orders the publications must be in advance !

Bitnet:  V61@DHDURZ1                               Ronald Lamprecht
UUCP:    ...!unido!DHDURZ1.bitnet!V61              Theoretische Physik
ARPAnet: V61%DHDURZ1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU       (Heidelberg, West Germany)

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (08/26/89)

In article <22460@louie.udel.EDU> V61%DHDURZ1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Ronald Lamprecht) writes:
>Therefor my question: Could we organize a common order by an IEEE member for
>all German (European) Minix users who want the standards ?

IEEE also has an office in Brussels.  I don't know how that works, but since
it is IEEE itself and not a third party who is adding a large profit
margin, they might be cheaper.  I don't have their phone number.  Could
somebody who does please call them up, ask what the deal is and post it.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

In article <22460@louie.udel.EDU> V61%DHDURZ1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Ronald Lamprecht) writes:
>Therefor my question: Could we organize a common order by an IEEE member for
>all German (European) Minix users who want the standards ? ...

It won't gain you very much to have an IEEE member do the ordering.  The
member price applies only to the first copy ordered.
--
V7 /bin/mail source: 554 lines.|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1989 X.400 specs: 2200+ pages. | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu