[comp.os.minix] patch to M4 sources. need nroff ore equivalent!

XBR1YD3E%DDATHD21.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (09/08/89)

ast@cs.vu.nl wrotes:

>I saw your patches after I reposted M4.   Actually, I had already made
>them and got a binary, only it did nothing.  I find that sort of thing
>quite frustrating.  Has anybody succeeded in making it behave properly?
>What's the secret?

I tried  'm4 test.m4' (or was it 'm4 <test.m4' ?) and it worked.
test.m4 calls the other *.m4 files contained in the package.
Don't ask me why this works, I don't have any documentation about m4 and
I never used it before.
I compiled it with and without separate I/D-space. Both worked, but
the separate I/D-version seemed to be slower (????).

I did the patches, because the 'mgr' window-package needs m4 on some places.

By the way, does anybody know about a port of the nroff-formatter to minix,
or a public-domain source of it, so I can port it on my own ?
I want to convert the mgr-docs to a printable form, but I have now access to
a operating-system with nroff. (My only Unix is MINIX!).

Martin Zaun, TH-Darmstadt , W.Germany