[comp.os.minix] dirent.h for clam

sliu@porthos.rutgers.edu (Steven C. Liu) (09/07/89)

Hi,

I have PC-Minix 1.3 from Prentice Hall that runs on a Zenith-286.
While trying to get Clam working, I noticed that I don't have
dirent.h.  I looked in the obvious places, like /usr/include...  Can
someone tell me where it is, or perhaps send me a copy?

Thanks,

Steve

michaelb@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Michael Bloxham) (09/07/89)

In article <Sep.6.15.25.07.1989.10385@porthos.rutgers.edu>, sliu@porthos.rutgers.edu (Steven C. Liu) writes...
>Hi,
>I have PC-Minix 1.3 from Prentice Hall that runs on a Zenith-286.
>While trying to get Clam working, I noticed that I don't have
>dirent.h.  I looked in the obvious places, like /usr/include...  Can
>someone tell me where it is, or perhaps send me a copy?

I ran into the same problem but found that dirent.h was part of the 1.4a
distribution.  This raises another question.  Since I have Bruce Evan's 286
protected mode installed, can I still upgrade to 1.4a and 1.4b?

I was hoping to wait for 2.0 before making anymore upgrades to my 1.3d/286
protected version.  But I am toying with the idea of installing dirent.h
for the sake of getting CLAM to work.  Any problems with this?

Michael L. Bloxham
michaelb@vms.macc.wisc.edu
michaelb@WISCMACC.bitnet

HELMER%SDNET.BITNET@vm1.nodak.edu (Guy Helmer) (09/07/89)

In a recent article, michaelb@VMS.MACC.WISC.EDU (Michael L. Bloxham)
writes:
>In article <Sep.6.15.25.07.1989.10385@porthos.rutgers.edu>,
> sliu@porthos.rutgers.edu (Steven C. Liu) writes...
>> (Request for dirent.h)
>
>I ran into the same problem but found that dirent.h was part of the 1.4a
>distribution.  This raises another question.  Since I have Bruce Evan's 286
>protected mode installed, can I still upgrade to 1.4a and 1.4b?

1.4a does not involve any part of the kernel, file system, or memory
management, according to the upgrade package available from LISTSERV
at NDSUVM1.  The upgrade package I have only modifies the contents of
the commands, include, and lib directories, so protected mode code
should not interfere with 1.4a.
-- Guy Helmer
   Dakota State University Computing Services
   BITNET: HELMER@SDNET                         I'm intolerant of intolerance.

sliu@porthos.rutgers.edu (Steven C. Liu) (09/08/89)

}
} I ran into the same problem but found that dirent.h was part of the 1.4a
} distribution.  This raises another question.  Since I have Bruce Evan's 286
} protected mode installed, can I still upgrade to 1.4a and 1.4b?

OK, now that I know I don't have dirent.h, can some kind soul tell me
how to get it and any associated files???

Thanks,

Steve

matsl@nada.kth.se (Mats Luthman) (09/08/89)

The problem with Clam is that it uses functions, for example opendir, that
doesn't seem to exist in the libraries (for the ATARI), so getting just
the includefiles wouldn't help. Could somebody explain which versions of
MINIX that can compile and run Clam, and could somebody post the executable
versions of it?

(Could someone outside Sweden confirm that they got this posting, please.)