[comp.os.minix] Compiling the 1.4a command sources

LANCER%GACVAX1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Lance A. Brown) (09/20/89)

Hi all:

        I have finally managed to get a properly ordered 1.4a libc.a after
almost 6 hours of work on it tonite.

        I am now trying to compile the 1.4 commands and have run into another
problem.  ASLD is throwing uncresolved symbols at me.  They are:

        .rmv4           .mli4
        .loi            .dsret
        .dvu4           .sret
        .cmv4           .cret
        .csb2           .sti

        I have no idea where these are coming from.  Can anyone with a little
more compiler experience help me out?

Thanks in advance,
        Lance A. Brown

Lance A. Brown                                         Gustavus Adolphus College
LANCER@GACVAX1.BITNET                                        St. Peter, MN 56082
DISCLAIMER: I don't remember what I said so it can't have meant anything.

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (09/21/89)

In article <24430@louie.udel.EDU> LANCER%GACVAX1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Lance A. Brown) writes:
>ASLD is throwing uncresolved symbols at me.  They are:
>        .rmv4           .mli4

etc.

These are routines that the compiler calls.  For example, mli4 does
multiply for integers of 4 bytes.  These routines are in the original
libc.a, although no sources exist (i.e., they are in assembler, which you
can retrieve from libc.a using libupack.).  If you took them out of libc.a,
put them back at the end.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)