[comp.os.minix] Just got intdoduced

hadji@dasys1.UUCP (Toby A David) (09/27/89)

Since I just discovered this group, and the Minix OS for that matter,
could someone please answer the following...

Is there a PC/AT version 1.4 available now, and if so where can I buy it
or how long before it's released?
Do the packages include the source on disk as well?
Are the XT/AT versions combined?
Is there a VI, or only ed?
How about UUCP?
Please post or email. Thanks in advance..

--
Toby A David
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX

CS497JFA%ROSEVC.Rose-Hulman.Edu@uicvm.uic.edu (V30 CUSTOM MINIX PROJECT) (09/29/89)

If it's VI you want, try an editor called STEVIE -- Simply Try This Editor For
VI Enthusiasts.  There is also the ELLE emacs-like editor.

- Ron Perrella
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Computer Science Student.

sandy47@ucsco.UCSC.EDU (90784000) (09/29/89)

In article <24966@louie.udel.EDU> CS497JFA%ROSEVC.Rose-Hulman.Edu@uicvm.uic.edu (V30 CUSTOM MINIX PROJECT) writes:

>If it's VI you want, try an editor called STEVIE -- Simply Try This Editor For
>VI Enthusiasts.  There is also the ELLE emacs-like editor.

STEVIE ==> ST Editor for VI Enthusiasts was originally written for the Atari ST
I believe.  Later ported to a number of machines using earlier technology :-).

CS497JFA%ROSEVC.Rose-Hulman.Edu@uicvm.uic.edu (V30 CUSTOM MINIX PROJECT) (10/02/89)

        My earlier comment on STEVIE was based on the new meaning of the
word.  Indeed, it was originally ST Editor for VI enthusiasts.  But ever
since it was ported to BSD UNIX, OS/2, and the Amiga, the authors changed
the name.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ronald J. Perrella
Computer Science STudent @ Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology