[comp.os.minix] Minix 1.4a with RLL HD driver?

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (10/05/89)

I will probably be upgrading to a 60MB RLL hard disk soon and RLLing my
current 20MB drive (for a total of 90MB), and want to use 15MB of the 20MB
drive for Minix.  Unfortunately, this is creating a problem.

I only have Minix 1.2.  I've never upgraded to 1.3 or 1.4a, because I
don't have any space on my 20MB drive to give to Minix.  This also means
that I have the stock 1.2 XT version, with xt_wini.c as the hard disk
driver.  I would prefer to not have to patch in the RLL driver myself,
because this would most likely be very tedious (i.e., patch xt_wini.c,
recompile Minix, back up all the Minix stuff, reformat under the RLL
controller, try booting the patched Minix, and go back to step 1 if
I screwed up anywhere...); in addition, moving up to 1.4a would probably
take the good part of a weekend (I only have an 8MHz V-20 clone).

So, my question is: To save me the time and effort, is there some nice
person out there who has a similar setup (Minix 1.4a, RLL hard disk,
XT system/controller), who would be willing to surface-mail me the
1.4a sources and binaries, on 360K disks?  I would be willing to pay
postage and disk costs, and maybe even a nominal copying fee (if you
really want to charge one).  Thanks a lot...

--- msged 1.99Lmju TurboC
 * Origin: The Starship Enterprise  (1:120/129)
--
Marc Unangst
Internet: mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us