[comp.os.minix] Clam Scripts & Wait

wkt@csadfa.oz (Warren Toomey) (10/05/89)

In article <24965@louie.udel.EDU>, inf2007@vax.rz.uni-wuerzburg.dbp.de (inf2007) writes:
> Jim Burnes <jburnes@PNET02.GRYPHON.COM> writes:
> >Am I mistaken that Clam scripts are not supported....no wait...Clam scripts
> >dont support flow control.  Doenst this limit Clam quite a bit?
>
> The missing wait is simple to add. I have this done for Version 1.3b and
> have sent these and other diffs to wtoomey but not heard from him. Here is
>
> Robert Regn		regn@uniwue.uucp

Sorry about that Robert, a bit of my mail was lost as I've just changed
sites here in Australia, and also Callum's site is currently down with a
huge disk crash.

Thanks for the `wait' function - I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure there
will be no problems. Hopefully Callum will take it & put it into the next
version of Clam. Clam is now quite stable, and apart from a few known bugs
[ aliases don't work with pipes etc ] it's a great shell. Bourne-shell
scripting would make it better, 'though.
--
  Warren Toomey VK2XWT, Systems Programmer
  Dept of Comp. Sci, Uni of NSW [ADFA]. Canberra. ACT. 2600.