[comp.os.minix] Hard disk prices in NL Was: Re: Important new program: cleanit.c

agrusow@exunido.uucp (Michael Vishchers) (10/09/89)

In article <283@nikhefh.nikhef.nl> Schutte@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Klamer Schutte) writes:
>In article <3540@ast.cs.vu.nl> ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:
>>In article <BROMAN.89Oct5083603@schroeder.nosc.mil> broman@nosc.mil writes:
>>>It's too bad that floppy-only systems seem to be excluded from any of this
[deleted]
>>of floppy-only users is rapidly decreasing, as hard disks keep coming down
>>in price.
>
>	Are they?
>	An atari ST, 1meg, monochrome monitor cost Hfl 1499,-
>	A hard disk, 30 meg (normal size) cost Hfl 1299,-
>
>	I see this as almost doubling the price -- and i don't have the money.
[deleted]
>Klamer.

Hmm, with the opening of the European market, things will probably change.
We (some friends and me) are selling hard disks for the ST here in Germany.
With a BMS200 (yes, we sell them, see address below...) and one of a variety
of cases and power supplies, a 82 MB disk will cost DM 1800,-
(about Hfl 1620,-). Even ATARI sells their Megadisk 30 for about DM 900,-
(Hfl 820,-).

You might try a trip to Germany....

/ Michael Vishchers                           | History repeats itself.\
| michaelv@watzman.uucp                       | Has to.                |
| (agrusow@exunido.uucp)                      | No one listens.        |
| (I think)                                   |        (steve turner)  |
/ Home address:: Frohnhauser Str. 233    D-4300 Essen 1    West-Germany\