[comp.os.minix] Mail and News in MINIX?

andyb@hasvcr.UUCP (Andy Babinszki) (10/24/89)

Hello *

I would like to set up my MINIX system with the ability to send and receive
mail and net news.  I have Peter Housel's ( ...!pur-ee!housel ) uupc port
to MINIX and Simule Turner's ( ...!gatech!nu.cs.fsu.edu!simmy ) cron for
MINIX.  I have MINIX v1.3 and am slowly trying to assemble all the pieces
I need for the 1.4a upgrade ( required if one is to compile the above
packages ), but in the mean time, I was hoping to get in touch with people
who already have such a system in operation and seek some advice on how to
proceed.  If you do have such a system in place please send me whatever
advice you can.  I would prefer e - mail, but if you think others on the net
would be interested then ...

Thanks in advance,

Andy Babinszki.

--
Andy Babinszki     "Hello, hello?": (604) 664 4597
                    uucp: andyb@hasvcr.wimsey.bc.ca

rseligso@pollux.usc.edu (Richard Seligson) (10/25/89)

In article <185@hasvcr.UUCP> andyb@hasvcr.UUCP (Andy Babinszki) writes:
>I would like to set up my MINIX system with the ability to send and receive
>mail and net news. ...
>....  I would prefer e - mail, but if you think others on the net
>would be interested then ...

I'm interested in doing the same thing.  I just got Minix 1.3 (fresh
from PH), and am in the process of setting it up on my PC (XT clone;
640k, 20M hard disk).

Either post information, post a summary of what you learn, or please
mail info to me too.

Thanks,
Rich    (rseligso@pollux.usc.edu)