[comp.os.minix] DOS lovers versus Non-DOS-Lovers

nall@loligo.cc.fsu.edu (John Nall) (10/24/89)

In 1677@cod.NOSC.MIL Robert Hall writes:
>  Enough of this religious war about dosread.c

Amen!  The crazies are starting to emerge from the woodwork.  Lets move
this to some other forum.

>  Am I the only one having a dosread failure?

Nope.  I had exactly the same failure as you reported.  It is failing when
a humungous number gets passed to lseek.  This is on an 80 MB disk, with the
first 32K devoted to DOS (that word again!  Hey, I like it, and I outdate most
of you guys, having cut my teeth on a Digital Group System with a Phi-Deck for
mass storage.  Ever heard of it?  I thought not!)  At any rate, I'm gonna let
it ride until Andy gets 1.4b out, then will figure it out....

Peace

John Nall                              Internet:  nall@nu.cs.fsu.edu
Computer Science Department            Florida State University
    "Today, a Moon Moth -- tomorrow, a Sea Dragon Conquerer!!"

mlewis@unocss.UUCP (Marcus S. Lewis) (10/25/89)

From article <302@fsu.scri.fsu.edu>, by nall@loligo.cc.fsu.edu (John Nall):

> of you guys, having cut my teeth on a Digital Group System with a Phi-Deck for
> mass storage.  Ever heard of it?  I thought not!)  At any rate, I'm gonna let

HA to you!  I cut mine on a Poly-88 with a 300-baud cassette.  We DREAMED about
Phi-Deck systems.  Gee that sounds like Monty Python.

Yes, I like MS-DOS too.  And I'm trapped in an office full of Mac freaks.

Na khuya mne ehto gavno?              |  Internet: cs057@zeus.unl.edu
                   preferred machine->|  UUCP:     uunet!btni!unocss!mlewis