[comp.os.minix] Patch to MM?

Marc.Unangst@p0.f129.n120.z1.fidonet.org (Marc Unangst) (11/11/89)

I just grabbed a copy of a "new" version of init.c that will reread
/etc/ttys when it receives signal 1.  The preamble to the shar file
says that you need to patch MM to allow signals to be sent to init.
Has this patch already been included in MINIX 1.3d?  If not, where
can I get it?  (I didn't see anything like it on bugs.nosc.mil.)

Also, where can I get a copy of UUPC for MINIX?

--
Marc Unangst - Gated to UUCP via Fidonet node 1:120/129
UUCP bang: ...!uunet!sharkey!mudos!129.0!Marc.Unangst

housel@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Peter S. Housel) (11/11/89)

In article <698.255B9BF2@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us>, Marc.Unangst@p0 (Marc Unangst) writes:
>I just grabbed a copy of a "new" version of init.c that will reread
>/etc/ttys when it receives signal 1.  The preamble to the shar file
>says that you need to patch MM to allow signals to be sent to init.
>Has this patch already been included in MINIX 1.3d?  If not, where
>can I get it?  (I didn't see anything like it on bugs.nosc.mil.)

	See article <8768@ea.ecn.purdue.edu> in the archive. It is not
in 1.3d, but should probably be in 1.4b.

>Also, where can I get a copy of UUPC for MINIX?

	You can get a copy of my port of UUPC for Minix either by
anonymous ftp to en.ecn.purdue.edu (128.46.129.59), or by asking
me via e-mail. It is still a little rough in spots, but seems to
work okay for a lot of people. Thanks to work and help by Dale
Schumacher, there should be a set of patches and bug fixes coming
out reasonably soon.

-Peter S. Housel-	housel@ecn.purdue.edu	...!pur-ee!housel