[comp.os.minix] Phoenix BIOS Manual

tweten@gilmore.nas.nasa.gov (Dave Tweten) (12/18/89)

From: "John C. Archambeau" <jca@PNET01.CTS.COM>

	Since Phoenix has put out a BIOS manual that I have seen . . .

Where?  What's the title?  How much does it cost?  This sounds valuable.

jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) (12/18/89)

tweten@gilmore.nas.nasa.gov (Dave Tweten) writes:
>From: "John C. Archambeau" <jca@PNET01.CTS.COM>
>
>	Since Phoenix has put out a BIOS manual that I have seen . . .
>
>Where?  What's the title?  How much does it cost?  This sounds valuable.

I forget the title, but I've seen it in the UCSD Bookstore.  They had one more
copy of the AT/XT BIOS manual and two manuals on the PS/2 BIOS.  These books
are put out by Phoenix Technologies, Ltd.  I thumbed through the AT/XT manual
and it is worth getting, unfortunately my wallet and bank account are bone dry
to buy it.  I plan on buying it within a few weeks.

     // JCA

 /*
 **--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | My opinions are exactly that,
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca@nosc.mil     | mine.  Bill Gates couldn't buy
 ** INTERNET: jca@pnet01.cts.com            | it, but he could rent it.  :)
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca
 **--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
 */

billm@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Bill Marlin) (12/18/89)

Phoenix Technologies Ltd. has at least three "Phoenix Bios" books.
One of them is "System BIOS for IBM PC/XT/AT Computers and Compatibles
The Complete Guide to ROM-Based Software". This book is published by
Addison Wesley, and their number is 51806. The price is about $25.95.
ISBN: 0-201-51806-6 (paperback).

I found the above book, and two others that were oriented toward PS/2
machines, in a local bookstore.

Bill Marlin
billm@hpnmd.hp.com
(707) 577-3632