[comp.os.minix] Wanna know where the Archive sites are...

mpsimon@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (M. Patrick Simon) (12/19/89)

In article <21521@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Christopher Roth) writes:
>Hello,  I would like to know where the FTP'able Atari ST stuff is.
>What is the FTP address?

I also would like to know what archives are currently out there. I have
found drsgsun (GNU C and Minix stuff, 129.22.16.2) and comp.*.atari.st
archives (server), but I am looking for the PROGEM articles, and also the
Minix ST serial port driver, and I did not find either of these in either
place (kermit for Minix ST was at drsgsun, but it appeared that it
required a driver that was not in the archive).

Mistakes not to make department: I ftp'd mg2a from drsgsun (mg.tar.Z),
uncompressed it on a unix (ultrix) machine to see if the ftp had transferred
the file correctly and to figure out how to "untar", and then compressed
the file again for transfer to my ST, only to find that Minix could not
uncompress it because I had not used the option -b13 in compress on the
ultrix machine. Question: is there a compress for minix which removes this
restriction? (if not, I just have to retransfer down the corrected compressed
file).

Thanks,
--Patrick Simon     mpsimon@phoenix.princeton.edu   12-18-89

disclaimer: opinions are the author's own.