[comp.os.minix] Answer To: Re: 1.5.0 upgrade - parts 49, 67, 70

overby@plains.UUCP (Glen Overby) (01/08/90)

In article <1990Jan7.211835.5702@chinet.chi.il.us> bill@chinet.chi.il.us (Bill Mitchell) writes:
>Looking over my 1.5.0 upgrade files, I see I have no copies
>of parts 49 or 70.  Were these skipped, or should I go searching
>for them?

There have been a LOT of people asking this same thing recently, so I
think a post to the net is justified.

Copies of the postings are archived on several sites.  Off the top of my
head, I know of:

	wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
		(cd <MISC.MINIX>) 	message log

	bugs.nosc.mil
					message log + organized

	vm1.nodak.edu	(aka ndsuvm1 on bitnet)
		(cd LISTARCH)		message log
		(cd MINIX)		organized (pc-upd.150-*)

	Mars Hotel BBS

And there may be others (either local-only or that I can't remember).

All are documented in the Minix Information Sheet posted on Jan. 2.

*NOTE* if you don't have internet access, but do have mail you can use
	the file server listserv@vm1.noak.edu to get them!!!

to get a coy of the Info Sheet, send listserv@vm1.nodak.edu a message saying:

	get minix info minix
--
		Glen Overby	<overby@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!plains!overby (UUCP)  overby@plains (Bitnet)

paula@bcsaic.UUCP (Paul Allen) (01/10/90)

In article <3087@plains.UUCP> overby@plains.UUCP (Glen Overby) writes:
>In article <1990Jan7.211835.5702@chinet.chi.il.us> bill@chinet.chi.il.us (Bill Mitchell) writes:
>>Looking over my 1.5.0 upgrade files, I see I have no copies
>>of parts 49 or 70.  Were these skipped, or should I go searching
>>for them?
>
>There have been a LOT of people asking this same thing recently, so I
>think a post to the net is justified.

[List of archive sites deleted.  Thanks Glen!]

Because parts 49 and 70 did not have numbers in the Subject line,
I thought I didn't have them.  Actually, they were there on my disk,
but I failed to see them when I was looking to see which postings
were missing.  Before spending time (and $$) accessing the archives,
take a look around your local disk.  Parts 49 and 70 contained crc
lists, if I remember correctly.

Paul Allen
Paul L. Allen                       | pallen@atc.boeing.com
Boeing Advanced Technology Center   | ...!uw-beaver!bcsaic!pallen