[comp.os.minix] Minix. Where?

Dickson@system-m.phx.bull.com (Paul Dickson) (02/05/90)

    Date:  2 February 1990 19:27 mst
    From:  peery at CORRAL.UWYO.EDU (Alan R Peery)
    Subject:  Minix. Where?

    You said that there is a Minix port--do you know where?  I have
    Internet ftp access.

    Thanks.
    Alan

    peery@outlaw.uwyo.edu
    peery@uwyo.bitnet

Minix is copyrighted material.  You must buy a copy first (either for
the IBM-PC or for the Atari ST).  After that you can modify it how you
wish or port it to different hardware platforms.  You are allowed to
distribute the changes made to Minix, but not Minix itself.

My friend Kevin and I were working on a port to the Slicer, but we
haven't had time to do any coding on Minix for over a year now.  We had
minix running on the Slicer using one serial port (our TTY code wouldn't
work with both ports enabled, and we've never had time to fix this), and
had the RAM disk load itself from hard drive.

Those of you out there who have questions about our slicer port, send me
some mail and I'll go into further details.  I won't otherwise unless
there's some interest.

The Slicer is a Single Board computer with a 8 MHz 80186 CPU, a
Signetics 2681 DUART (2 serial lines), a floppy disk controller, and a
SASI port for the Hard Disk Controller.

          -Paul Dickson

Dickson @ System-M.Phx.Bull.COM

Phoenix, Arizona