[comp.os.minix] ST 1.5.0

meulenbr@cstw68.prl.philips.nl (Frans Meulenbroeks) (01/02/90)

Hi!

First of all a happy new year to all of you.

I just noticed that ast posted minix/pc 1.5.0.
This note is to let you know that an ST version is in the works.
It will be out in due time.

The current status is that the whole stuff is running, but it needs some
cleaning up, and there is still a last bug to catch.
ST 1.5.0 will have the same mm/fs/lib/init/commands/include as the PC version.
(plus a few ST specific things, minus a few PC specific things).
The kernel is only partially integrated. This is due to
- different hardware so the drivers are different
- limited time (I did not come to integrating the tty driver).

The 1.5 version dhrystones around 630.

Since I do not want to repost a lot of sources, I urge everyone to keep
a copy of the PC 1.5 distribution. I will NOT be reposting source files
from the PC distribution.

So please, please keep the PC version.

By the way: the ST 1.5 version is not an "official" version.
That is: Johan Stevenson agreed that I should post this, but he reserves
the right to deviate from it for the official version. Most likely my
1.5 version will never be available from PH.

Frans Meulenbroeks        (meulenbr@cst.prl.philips.nl)
	Centre for Software Technology
	( or try: ...!mcvax!phigate!prle!cst!meulenbr)

bartm@praxis.cs.ruu.nl (Bart Muyzer) (01/03/90)

In article <829@prles2.UUCP> meulenbr@cstw68.prl.philips.nl (Frans Meulenbroeks)
writes:

  >I just noticed that ast posted minix/pc 1.5.0.
  >This note is to let you know that an ST version is in the works.
  >It will be out in due time.
and
  >Since I do not want to repost a lot of sources, I urge everyone to keep
  >a copy of the PC 1.5 distribution. I will NOT be reposting source files
  >from the PC distribution.
  >So please, please keep the PC version.

I missed all of the minix/pc 1.5.0 articles. Are they available somewhere
for anonymous ftp? If yes, where?

I am new to this newsgroup so please don't blame me for asking questions that
have been asked before. I am running MINIX-ST 1.1 on an Atari 1040 ST computer.
I have had this version for more than a year but never had the time to really
explore it. Now I do have time, so my first question is: are there any caveats I
should know about when I want to upgrade my 1.1 version to the 1.5 version?

I hope someone can help me with this questions,

                                     Greetings,

					   >] Bart [<

scott@wilbur.uucp (Scott Beckstead) (02/12/90)

Hello MINIX folks,  I am looking for the AMIGA version of MINIX.  If any info
is available please let me know.  If I have to do a port (whos got the time)
i would like to know where to get source etc.  I have Andy Tannenbaum's text
around here somewhere so that's not a problem.  What would the cost be??
Would be interesting to see how a multitasking interupt driven OS works
in a window of my multitasking interupt driven OS.
Scott

--
Scott Beckstead      | Sew Crates was a grate greek.
CIS 76106,3720       |     Dang that one got right by the spelling checker