[comp.os.minix] Eagerly Awaiting MacMinix, in spite of all...

d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Jon Watte) (02/14/90)

In article <something> (Pete Keleher) writes:

>can get GNU sources on my own. However, one rumored feature of MacMinix
>makes it all but useless for my purposes: a separate file system. I heard
>that using Mac files with the minix software requires COPYING files from

>If we are talking two different file systems, the main question is why? Is

Well, I suppose the implementation got cheaper...

I am very strongly considering making something like an xfs when I
get my hands on MacMINIX - mount /dev/xfs /mac-files would be nice :-)

How much _does_ MINIX have ? I am root@proxxi.se which is a Sys V.2
system with more than half of 4.3 in there too. How much will I miss ?
_IS_ there a mount command ?

I'm waiting and fretting and fretting and waiting...

h+
--
   ---  Stay alert !  -  Trust no one !  -  Keep your laser handy !  ---
             h+@nada.kth.se  ==  h+@proxxi.se  ==  Jon Watte