[comp.os.minix] PC Minix 1.5 Source...

slng@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (02/14/90)

Does anyone know of any ftp sites that have the complete
PC Minix 1.5 Source Code ?  I tried bugs.nosc.mil and it
contains the source for the Atari ST.

Thanks....

socrates@buddha (Robert Miller) (02/14/90)

please post to the net the location of minix source, ANY would be
appreciated.

	  Insert commercial here

socrates (a.k.a. Robert Miller)
        @corona.itd.msstate.edu (130.18.8.160)

overby@plains.UUCP (Glen Overby) (02/15/90)

In article <35769@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> slng@silver.ucs.indiana.edu writes:
>Does anyone know of any ftp sites that have the complete
>PC Minix 1.5 Source Code ?  I tried bugs.nosc.mil and it
>contains the source for the Atari ST.

bugs.nosc.mil only has the PATCHES to bring ST 1.1 up to PC 1.5.0.  It is
not the complete source.

you can only get the complete source from Minix's copyright holder,
Prentice-Hall, Inc.

	From the Minix Information Sheet:
5. IS MINIX PUBLIC DOMAIN?
No.  MINIX has been copyrighted by Prentice-Hall.  Prentice-Hall has decid-
ed  to  permit  a limited amount of copying of the sources and binaries for
educational use.  Professors may make copies for students in their  operat-
ing systems classes.  Academic researchers may use it for their new experi-
mental machines, and things like that.  A small amount of  private  copying
of  diskettes for the use of personal friends is ok, but please do not make
more than 3 copies from each original.  Prentice-Hall is trying to be  more
reasonable than most software publishers.  Please do not abuse this.    On-
line repositories of the full source code distribution are  not  permitted.
All commercial uses of MINIX require written permission from Prentice-Hall;
for the most part, they are willing to grant such permission in return  for
a royalty on sales.

--
		Glen Overby	<overby@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!plains!overby (UUCP)  overby@plains (Bitnet)